Sunday, May 17, 2009

Alley Work.......


I do like it when I get to cut in the alley. I usually NEVER get to cut the cows from the calves that role is reserved for jefe or the really experienced cowboys but when we are just working cows sometimes I get to work the alley. Though Dudley doesn't particularly like this work I believe it is just outright fun. I cut a certain number of cows usually about four, run them down the alley and shut a gate behind them. That way the cows are ready to be run through the shoot for vaccinations, teeth checks etc. It makes the overall process much more efficient.

7 comments:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Don't ya just love the fact that you love your work!

Pony Girl said...

Fun! Someone's got to do it, might as well be someone who loves it and is good at it, eh? ;)

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Looks like fun. We have been invited to run the cows through the alleys for a local roping. I might give it a try

lisa said...

At least it gives the other cowboy a chance to let someone else do the lovely job once in awhile.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful blog!

On The Rodeo Road

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kdwhorses said...

Way to go girl! I too agree with Frazzled, it is a blessing to enjoy our work!